Thursday, December 4, 2008

concentration practice

Is it the red? Or, is it the line? Or is it the red, and the line?

Who knows, but there's definitely something that I like about them both.

Perhaps this is why I've been riding it for the last 48 hours. How far can you ride the line before she runs out of gas?

Between 8:30 & 9:00 at work this evening I had one thing on my mind. Food. Food was foremost, and when the time came I was out the fitness office door and on my way to food.

Now the dilemma. Do I stop to gas up Jazz's scooter on the way home, therefore prolonging the hunger, or do I risk scooting all the way home, potentially running out of gas, and therefore prolonging the hunger even further.

Clearly a no brainer. . . we ride the red line. As far as I can tell, this is the best & most comfortable place to be.

Fortunately I made it up to the top of the hill where Oak Bay Ave meets Fort Street, that crazy triangular junction. It's mostly down hill from there anyways.

Even with a back pack of wet sailing clothes from today's other adventure, pushing the scooter was much easier than pushing that '84 Dodge Omni from Beacon Hill up and over Foul Bay to the High School shop class.

Sometimes these things happen when you ride the red line, but it's definitely worth it.


***

Enjoying Day.

It began with the December sun coming through the massage studio windows, in the way only a December sun does. ahhh . . . back again to the big black 5th floor chair next to the big window studying for Fall semester exams.

Out onto the water with 2 x lasers & some concentration practice. Awesome sailing PK. Thanks for a great one. Sailing is perfect concentration practice, but we'll talk about that later.

Quick scoot to OBRec & it's business time. Mid way sauna for a break & the shifts fly by.

We have so many great days training, recovering, and racing.

Today was a great day enjoying, enjoying just being.

Rest well.

No comments: