Thursday, May 29, 2008

Manny

Wednesday's training highlight was definitely our evening ride. We start at 4pm with a Yoga session coached by Elizabeth. Lately I have noticed a change in my riding style. I think it may be attributed to our Hatha practice. It's sort of the same feeling I had with Papaya earlier this year, the feeling of dancing.

In the Fall and Winter, Papaya and I used to dance up a storm along the trails. It was about working together navigating our course, and choosing our path. Now with Sugar Cane I feel as though I am dancing on the pedals. It's a whole body kind of dance, one that starts at the tip of your big toe, goes right up through your legs, hips, torso, down your arms, back onto the bars, and continues right up to the top of your head. The whole body works as one unit, together on the one task. Spin.

There's lots more, but I'm still considering how to describe.

We also enjoyed a split swim practice between SCP and Thetis. I'm still acclimating to the wetsuit, and looking forward to our next open water swim. Sunny run through the Thetis trails, and that's a days training.

Not much happened in between Wednesday and Thursday, but I did wake up at 1am on a PB sandwich mission. (+ 1/2 a tub of yoghurt).

Thursday is the adaptation day, as usual. 7 x 600 in the pool, home to eat (lots), nap, briefly chill with Finn, visit Oak Bay Village Butcher, work, eat, now, bed.

I'm pretty sure Finn has no idea who I am, but today I received a smile. Definitely cool. In the future I may have the title "Manny."

Thanks to Mike Windall at the Village Butcher for some great nourishment: Thai Pork Sausage, Metchosin Lamb, Cowichan Turkey, and Cowichan Bison.

Tomorrow will be a great day.

Rest well.

No comments: