Saturday, April 5, 2008

bReAkFaSt TiMe

It's 4:30AM and you guessed it, I'm too excited to sleep. Today is Shootout day.

Talking with the U of A TriCats yesterday I learned the ride can be more than just 63 miles. Apparently that's just where a group of cyclists turn around. Turn around? I don't think so. If there's a race going on at the front, and I'm any where near it, take a guess what I'll do.

Apparently the entire loop is 110 miles.

The cool thing is I really don't know what to expect. It is said the Shootout is a humbling experience. Sounds like a good time to me.

Yesterday's 1500TT was ok. It's wasn't the split I was hoping for, but a PB none the less. Cooling down after the effort I thought, "This is good news; there's a good reason for more swimming!"

The afternoon fartlek run was a good one. After a 20 minute warm up, and a few intervals, I heard a knocking. It was the comfortable stride. We had a good time for the next 6. Nice running. "This one's for Maz!"

Now it's time to refine the blood sugar levels before this ride. Oatmeal . . . I do believe so.

First I will pour on some po som on to loosen up the calves.

Rest well.

No comments: