Saturday, October 6, 2007

Quickie

Let's go ride bikes in the rain! Things really haven't changed much since I was 8.

Today's ride was EEEEZZZZ which was just what the doctor ordered. I had a good time chasing down one sprint from the breakwater to mile 0. I found myself halfway in between the leader, A-the man-MacDaddy-McCartney, and the rest of the group. I had to use both hands to get into my big ring because my fingers were too cold to do it single handedly. "Alright, now your locked in, may as well go for it!" It was too sweet a day to pass up the chance for a sprint...

After the bike I hit the hot tub / steam room to try and sweat out any remainder of this bug. Dude, those places are gross! The only time I will go in the hot tub or steam room is if I feel I'm grosser than the place, thus by diffusion of grossness particles, I become less gross in the process. Today, after a mucussy, wet, dirty, coldish (but still sweet) ride I was bordering on grosser than the steam room. So, I gave 'er a whirl.

Back home to bed for another two and a half hour nap. I had some entertaining reading this afternoon, and then watched the Canucks game. Tomorrow I'll run in the AM, and if I'm feeling up for it, a swim in the afternoon. Then it's Elk Eating with Family Kilshaw.

Here's a retro Fall Training Camp picture from 2005. That was a camp with memories. Dude, We's Strong Like OX! How's about hill intervals for the next 75 minutes.... let's make it 90. ...how about 120...Yeah!

No comments: