Monday, August 16, 2010

Balance

Aspiration, Inspiration, & Motivation aside, we thrive in the experience and divine purity of perfect balance. Loud through silent, dynamic through static, balance is us. It is both our grounding strength and our bounding stride. Balance exists as our homeostatic being. Balance exists as our evolation of presence.

One foot in front of the other, only a chance in time from now to next, we create balance with such ease it is as though next has become our very own forecast. Next is prepared as our balanced self propels us through now to experience a new state.

Prepared by a world which both allows and encourages automatic realignment to the pure state of balance, each stride attends to and cares for itself, initiating the dynamic dance of left and right. North to South and back again, Over the hills, through the valleys, past an oasis of fruit stands and desert, pure balance propels.

Rest well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve! I hadn't thought of you in years (sorry!) and I was just checking on the progress of my friends at ironman and noticed that you have also taken up this distance. You might meet them somewhere out there, depending on how the running goes, because you had very comparable bike times (although you are a faster swimmer--congratulations on your progress)and as I write this Stefan is probably not too far behind you. Hope the race goes well and that you are doing well in general. Are you still living in Victoria? I will run the half marathon there in October, with my sister and her boyfriend, who are living in Vancouver. If you're running it too, I'll try to find you and say hi.

Emily Lynes

Anonymous said...

Dear one,
I forgot how much I loved your blog. I have a lot of catching up to do!!!

Just a few words in and I spent 30min breathing your truth. Looks like you are more in love than ever. With it all.

Thanks for sharing,
Alo ha,
Jessica