Tuesday, December 4, 2007

today

I am in the midst of reorganizing the work schedule to allow for increases in bike and run volume. Creating time is a real art.

I was first introduced to running by a wise old friend. We ran together for my first couple weeks. A couple months later he checked up on me and asked how the running was coming along. I reluctantly replied, "Well, I just haven't been able to find the time what with school, music, sailing, and work." He responded, "Stephen, time is all about priorities. You have time for what are priorities in your life." He told me to routinely check to make sure that I am spending my time on the high priority aspects of my life. It's just that simple.

So here it is, recognizing the priorities, and creating time.

Today's swim was fairly straight forward. I brought the stroke count to a new low of 34 strokes. There's the new standard for our up and coming breakpoint work. Cross the bridge, throw down some dynamite, and never look back.

This afternoon we had a little fun with the media rattling off some dates for the NTC Run/Walk for the Homeless on A-Channel News and CFAX 1070. More importantly we were down at StreetLink where once again, more than just my eyes were opened.

Our run was a mostly aerobic 65ish minute effort. I only spent a couple minutes on one or two hills with the HR slightly above steady state.

Fall Foundation Fills the Fountain For summer Fire.

No comments: