Friday, September 28, 2007

Day


Quick little update on the day as I get ready for bed...

I listened to some great music on the way to the pool this morning, and found myself almost in a Trance for much of the swim workout. This was a good thing.

The main set was 30 x 50m's on 60s. The idea here was just to focus on the good technique that we've been practicing during drills for the past couple days. It was also a good opportunity to keep the focus during what is almost a "real work" set. I kept it at a medium effort and the technical focus again was in the hands. Start the catch right away! Sooner than that. Start it now. My stroke count was 37, 36 if I push it, and my times were 38 - 39s. Down to 31's by January 31st.

After the swim I went over to visit Mike, the Village Butcher on the Avenue. Things are looking good, and I think we will have a strong sponsor-athlete relationship. I am a firm believer in eating "real food." Hormone free, free range, clean, green, eco-machine, you know the scene....

Back at home for a late breakfast, more like lunch. I made up a stir fry kinda thing. It started with the basics: olive oil, garlic, onion, and some wild mushrooms. Then spiced it up with a couple tomatoes (the lycopene in tomatoes is actually absorbed better if you cook them first, especially with olive oil, unlike other vegetables which are better if eaten raw), and a bell pepper or two. I threw in some sliced up turkey sausage from the butcher and boiled a couple eggs. Add one slice of home made oatmeal bread and there's a tasty breaky.

It's always a good idea to take the time preparing quality tasty food. This is so important. If you can enjoy the process, then even better. Food is definitely something to be enjoyed and shared, not just consumed as fuel.

Then I got distracted by the Viomolin for a couple hours. Nap time. Run Time. Dinner Time. Time to go climbing with the G-man. That was a blast, thanks. Let's do it again soon....

Time to wind down.... time for rest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya brother cool blog. I cut my leg pretty bad on that climb. There is blood and scabs all down from my knee to my shin still. But that is just the inevitable result of being Hartkore... Russian Klimpink. Make the suffering count for something. That is what it is all about. We should have had a camera for that "Bitch!" top overhang. Someday we will go again, only next time... more Hartkore...